Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Parmesan and Asparagus Orzo

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am so thankful for the wonderful people I have been blessed with by God. I give thanks for my health, my family and friends' health, the beautiful home I live in and the people I share it with (regardless of how annoying they can be hehe). I give thanks for my education and the ability to grow as an intellectual and as a person. I give thanks for the special people in my life who support me in all that I do. I give thanks for living in the flawed, yet free and amazing United States. More than anything, I thank Jesus for sacrificing his life- for us and for our sins. I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving filled with family, love, and of course.. FOOD!!!

Which brings me to my next point :)

I had searched all over Pinterest for a great side dish that everyone would enjoy for Thanksgiving dinner. I came across this recipe found on this woman's awesome blog and since I've grown a great love for asparagus, I thought it was worth a try!

P.S. I won't provide precise measurements, because honestly I completely estimated. Her recipe called for a cup and I knew I'd need way more considering my gigantic family! This recipe is EXTREMELY hard to mess up, even if your new to the cooking world like myself. So just roughly estimate based on the number of people you are planning to feed.

What you'll need:
  • Orzo pasta
  • Grated parmesan
  • Asparagus
  • Heavy whipping cream
  • Salt 
  • Pepper
  • About 1-3 tbsp butter depending on how much butter you like!
........I had to. You go Paula Deen!!!

So anyway, disregard my horrible sense of humor and let's get back to the recipe. 

First, fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, toss the orzo in. In the meantime, rinse the asparagus, then cut into small pieces. Don't forget to cut off the ends and throw them away! Once you are finished, you can toss the asparagus right into the boiling water with the orzo. Allow to cook until the orzo and asparagus are both tender. Drain. Bring the orzo and asparagus back to the pot, and toss in your butter. Then begin to pour the grated parmesan into the pot and mix. Start pouring the heavy whipping cream and continue to mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper- don't be shy with it, feel free to add another seasoning that you may enjoy. I personally love garlic salt, so next time I make this dish I will most likely try a dash of garlic salt as well. I hope you enjoy! 




xoxo, Tonka Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...