Monday, March 5, 2012

Handmade Mickey Mouse Pillow

I made this pillow for my lovebug, just for fun!

It's really easy, just a little time consuming. I got my fabric from Joann's fabrics. They definitely have the best selection of fabrics and most of the fabric is usually on sale.

You can do fleece, or any material you would like. I made a fleece blanket previously, so decided to use a different material for the pillow.

Measure the length of the pillow you're using, and when you go to pick out your fabric, make sure you purchase a little more than what you measured, just to be safe. 

I used an old throw pillow that doesn't match my bed set anymore:


I bought the Mickey Mouse pattern and plain yellow fabric as well.

Start out by laying one piece of fabric down and placing the pillow on top, you will have tons of extra fabric, so cut precisely around the edges of the pillow, leaving about 2-3 inches of space all around. Do the same with the other pattern.

Once again, lay the fabric down and place the pillow ontop, and cut a square out of each corner of the fabric, so that it looks almost as if you can fold the fabric into a box over the pillow. (It's basically the same steps as making a fleece blanket.) Do the same with the other pattern. Then cut across until your scissor reaches just before the pillow. Repeat. And thats when you begin to tie the ends together; make sure to double-knot them. 

Eventually, you will get this imperfect yet adorable pillow! Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...